The iPhone X

Magdalena Ellett, Sophomore Writer

The time of year has finally come and Apple has launched two new phones; the iPhone 8 and the iPhone X. Apple users have been waiting for the fall arrival of the new iPhones for several months, following many rumors and keeping up with any released information. Now that the official information has been released via the Apple website, there has been a lot of controversy over the two new iPhones.

The iPhone 8 includes many of the same features as the iPhone 7, although now, the design is quite different. Unlike the normal aluminum outside casing of previous iPhones, the iPhone 8 is made entirely of glass. Another very noticeable and more advanced feature is the new full retina HD display. Wireless charging has also been introduced to the iPhone 8. Although the updates included in the iPhone 8 are more valuable, there are many Apple users that are not pleased. There have been several questions concerning the safety of the glass backing to the new iPhone. Apple users find that with the sleek, new look will come many more issues concerning how well the iPhone 8 will be able to hold up if it were to fall on a hard surface. Those who have the most recent iPhone, the iPhone 7, do not understand why the iPhone 8, is being named the iPhone 8. People believe that there are not nearly enough updates to the new iPhone 8 to be identified as an entirely new version of the iPhone.

Apple has introduced many more updates to the iPhone X, which is sells starting from $999 and can cost as much as $1,149. The iPhone X the most advanced phone Apple has released so far. It has a new 5.8 inch, super retina screen. One of the most apparent differences between the iPhone X and previous Apple phones is the missing home button, allowing more space for the screen on the front. Touch ID is also no longer used in the iPhone X, instead, Apple has introduced facial recognition to unlock the phone. Like the iPhone 8, the X is also going to use wireless charging and has an all-glass look. The iPhone X includes updates to texting features and ways to maneuver within the phone since there is no longer a home button. Many of the questions and concerns that people have about the iPhone X have, are identical to the ones for the iPhone 8. Although, many people are questioning the new screen of the X. Many of Apple’s users are not fond of the new screen that is missing the home button because they feel like it doesn’t resemble previous iPhones.
Overall, there has been many mixed emotions over the new iPhones. If you are interested in purchasing them, you can order them now online through the Apple website. The iPhone 8 and X officially came out September 22.