Varsity Girls Volleyball Takes a W Against St. Francis de Sales

Avery Downes, Sports Editor

On Thursday, September 28, our DePaul Prep Rams’ girls volleyball team faced off against the Francis de Sales Pioneers in the Tom Winiecki Gymnasium. The girls varsity volleyball team was 10-7, but now 11-7 in the regular season. The game started with a positive vibe as the girls from the junior varsity, freshman A, and freshman B teams lined up along the sidelines to give their varsity teammates high fives. The three teams that were not currently playing came up to the bleachers and cheered on their teammates throughout the entire game.

The first set was fairly close when the Pioneers called a timeout with the score being 8-5. The lead was held by our Rams and would only grow from there. The game went up and down, but the girls kept a steady lead and were able to win the first set 25-8. With their newly found confidence from their first win, they went into the second set against the Pioneers. The set started with the Rams winning 9-2 when St. Francis de Sales used another timeout. The girls ended up pulling out another win 25-13. In just two short sets, the DePaul Prep’s girls varsity volleyball team had won the game.

Through communication, teamwork, and competition, our varsity Rams added another win to their record and are continuing to work hard for the rest of their season. The next time the girls play will be at 5pm at Tom Winiecki Gymnasium against Catalyst-Maria. Hopefully you can come out to cheer on our lady Rams in their future games.