Rams Win Intense Game Against Lane Tech Indians

Avery Downes, Freshman Writer

On September 26, 2016 our Lady Rams A volleyball team won their game against their rivals the Lane Tech Indians. Through sportsmanship, an intense atmosphere, and awesome support from the other Lady Rams volleyball team, the A team was able to pull out a win.

This game was not an easy one to win though. The Indians were pretty intimidating and the Rams weren’t at home. Despite these things, the Rams won the first game, lost the second, and won the third. It was a very high pressure three matches. In the first game, the score was extremely close throughout the entire game. After a few hard serves, the Rams had one win under their belts winning 25-21. In the second game, the Lane Tech Indians regained what they lost as they beat the Rams 25-11. Through this loss our A team found the encouragement and focus to win the third game 25-22. Now the A team is 2-3 with one tournament championship as well.

The B team and the girls waiting to play on the A team really supported the six players on the court and showed real teamwork, and friendship. They cheered on our A team as they played the stressful match against Lane. Hopefully, the A teams next game, against Ignatius, will be just as exciting and great as this one was.