Falling into DePaul Sports

Mia Anderson and Parker Casey, Junior Writers

This year, the DePaul Prep sports program is kicking off the fall season on the right foot.

DePaul Prep offers the following sports for the fall season: football, boys soccer, girls volleyball, and cross country.

Football

As of October 1st, the football team has a record of two wins and two losses, which is a better record than last season. 

Mikey Flynn, a senior football player, said, “my experience level has risen and I have become all around a better player.” His goal for this season is to, individually, make the all conference team and, as a team, make the playoffs.

Junior Will DeCaigny has “good hopes for this season because we got better coaching, so I’m hoping we make it to playoffs.”

Soccer

The boys soccer team kicked off the season with an equal record of two wins and two losses.

Alex Torres, Christian Perstanez, and Owen Mueller have all said that they hope to score a goal this season.

Alex stated, “I’ve gotten faster, and all around better with speed and skills.” 

Cross Country

Selena Johnson, a junior, mentioned confidently that “my time has improved, my endurance has gotten better, and I’ve gotten stronger.” 

She also said that as a team, “we have been practicing a lot and have gotten closer as a team and are more like family.” 

Junior runner Trent Norberg noted, “I’ve gotten way faster and stronger, I’ve also become mentally stronger.” 

One of his goals for this year is “to help my team score more points and help make it down state.” 

Volleyball

The girls volleyball season is off to an incredible start.

Varsity player Rosie Schwieters said her main goal this season “is to get a career high in aces.” 

The athletics program at DePaul offers students an opportunity to be more active within the school and to showcase their talents.

Sports at DePaul Prep is an important component of what encourages school spirit.

Good luck to all the fall sports teams, and as always, Go Rams!