Going to Prom? Here’s Advice You Should Know!

Prom is on the way and May 4th is the big day! seniors and juniors are getting excited about getting ready and for the dance itself. A lot of girls are already looking for their dresses or have already found them. This is an exciting event, where there will be a lot of dancing and an opportunity to have a great time with friends. It’s a special time for the seniors as they get ready to graduate and go off to college or find something that they want to go into. Down below there are a few people that shared advice about prom. Take a look and see what future Seniors and Juniors might want to know.

These are some advice from former graduate students that experienced prom last year.
Ruthie Owens states “The biggest thing is to spend time with your friends and be in the moment. Have fun and take pictures! The night goes by pretty fast!” I agree on what she has to say. Enjoy the time with your friends this is the last dance that you have with each other and make the most of it. Take pictures as much as you can to have those fun memories! Another former student Jax Mosquera “Prom is a time of endless opportunity. It’s an event that creates a rush through the anticipation and preparation for the day to come. The typical clichés from the movies and shows we’ve seen based it off this exact moment not knowing how exactly your written story about it may be. It’s one of the most everlasting moments because you know that it’s the last thing to scratch off the list of your high school career.” His advice is great! He goes on saying you should enjoy the last moments together and to take them in. Ruthie and Jax had some good advice about spending time as a class and getting in all the memories in before you go your own separate ways.

Now onto current students and their advice about prom. Natalie Thelin has great advice on how to find the right prom dress. “When looking for the perfect prom dress, my advice would be to shop locally. Not only will you find unique options in every style possible and at very reasonable prices, but you will also be supporting small businesses. There are numerous dress shops on Lawrence Ave., starting at Kimball and heading east up to Western Ave. Each shop has beautiful dresses and you will be sure to find something you are looking for at the right price. (My dress was purchased at Fashion Elegance 4815 N Western Ave.) I would suggest shopping at least 5 weeks before prom to allow enough time to order and alter your new dress.” This is perfect, if you don’t know where to start this is a good place to start! If you can’t find a dress here there are other stores around you can find them as well. Senior Jesus Martinez says “Enjoy the moment with your date and/or friends and be prepared to dance. Also make sure to drink water to stay hydrated and just have fun overall since you only get this opportunity in high school!” You will be dancing a lot and maybe out of breath so drinking a lot of water will be a great idea.