Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle Review

David Rios, Senior Writer

Jumanji was a great movie filled with action packed scenes following the adventure of four teenagers who are magically transported into the jungle as characters in a video game. The movie was just the right length and had very few scenes that dragged. Overall this movie is a must see and fantastic for families with younger kids.

The filmmakers attempted a remake to the past 1995 original version of jumanji while incorporating some of the original concepts. The original jumanji was a board game while the recent jumanji turned it into a video game as a way to adapt to modern society.

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle is a film directed by Jake Kadsan and written a Chris McKenna. It is about four teenagers who end up in detention together and have to learn to survive in the jungle with only three lives each. The dilemma is if they lose all three lives they can never leave the game. The characters names are Ruby Roundhouse, Dr. Smolder Bravestone, Moose Finbar, and Professor Shelley. They have to work together in order to complete the game without being killed by the various dangers in the game.

The movie was fast paced and kept you intrigued the whole time. In one scene, Moose Finbar told Dr. Smolder, when he was conflicted due to the fact he had one life left, that he shouldn’t be afraid because we’re all going to die, but it’s what we choose to do with our life that matters. This was a thoughtful scene that stuck out among the rest.

The filmmakers managed to keep similar concepts throughout the movie. For example, in the original jumanji, the kids who moved into the house were trying to finish the board game just as the teenagers in the recent movie were trying to beat the game. Also in both cases they accidentally entered the game and were startled at the beginning but quickly adapted. I would recommend this movie because it is a light hearted and funny movie with tons of exciting scenes. I would have to give the movie 4 out of 5 stars.